The Van Compliance Scheme (VCS)
Is a Certification Standard from CHAS That Ensures Van Drivers Meet Current Health and Safety Legislation.
Gain Certification Under the Van Compliance Scheme (VCS)
Driving a van for work purposes is statistically proven to be one of the riskiest activities of any worker. Changes to health and safety legislation have greatly increased the likelihood of prosecution and the penalties imposed against organisations and individuals who do not meet legislative requirements.
That’s why CHAS has worked with the Freight Transport Association’s (FTA) Van Excellence programme to develop our Van Compliance Scheme (VCS). FTA developed the Van Excellence Code with the UK’s best van operators and it represents an industry-recognised standard of operation.
CHAS VCS draws on Van Excellence’s expertise to provide verification that operators have the correct processes in place to run their vans in a safe and legal manner and are meeting their responsibilities to employees, clients and other road users. It also provides an ideal stepping stone for businesses aspiring to full Van Excellence accreditation.
Successful completion of this verification standard is supported by a certificate and van stickers, along with registration on our Client portal.
Want to Learn More about the CHAS Van Compliance
Scheme? Request a FREE Callback from Our Friendly Advisors.
CHAS Membership Benefits for Contractors
• Gain pre-qualification for projects with 1,000+ of CHAS clients
• Comply with mandated risk mitigation requirements to reassure prospective clients
• Secure exclusive CHAS membership benefits that could save your company hundreds of pounds a year, including tailored business insurance, fuel discounts, e-learning training and Business Shield support
• Gain certification under the CHAS Common Assessment Standard scheme
• Study a wide range of compliance certification modules, including Health and Safety, Environmental, Equality and Diversity, Financial and Business Standing and more
Read the latest news about UK compliance, client risk mitigation and mandated health and safety accreditation for contractors on our blog.