Become a CHAS member and gain access to Exclusive Benefits Including FREE Business Shield Support, Discounted Business Insurance, e-Learning Courses and eRAMS Risk Assessments.
Business Shield Support
One of the main benefits of CHAS accreditation is FREE Business Shield support. You can call for expert advice on health and safety or environmental issues any time between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00 Monday – Friday, and there is no limit on how frequently you can call or any restrictions on the length of each call.
You can use the Business Shield online portal to access a wide range of resources, including:
- Step-by-step guides — Over 120 easy-to-follow procedures to help you
- Model policies — Over 100 ready-to-use policy templates
- Specialist health and safety and environmental law documentation on items and topics such as RIDDOR guidance, CDM regulations, health and safety policy guidance, risk assessments, fire safety, work at height, WEEE, COSHH, REACH, carbon-reduction commitments and more
- Sample forms and letters — Over 250 forms for you to adapt
- 24-hour response to online questions
- Daily news and legislation updates
- Build your own library of policies and guides
- A dedicated CHAS compliance section with useful documentation that will assist you towards accreditation
CHAS members gain access to our e-learning portal, created in partnership with leading provider Human Focus. The CHAS e-learning portal is your gateway to a large library of industry-approved health and safety e-learning courses, which are all independently approved to ensure that they comply with industry standards. Available courses include:
- UKATA Asbestos Awareness
- IOSH courses, including Managing Safely and Working Safely
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) – Legionella for Duty Holders and Legionella Awareness
- CDM for Duty Holders and CDM Awareness – RoSPA approved
There are over 100 courses to choose from and the training packages are designed to support all types of business, from owner-operators to larger corporate organisations.
The per trainee fee for these recognised e-learning courses provides better value than the equivalent classroom option, while our courses are more convenient to take. We also offer a free training advisory helpline to guide contractors to the most cost-effective option.
One of our most popular CHAS-accreditation benefits, eRAMS (powered by the ECA) is available to members for an annual fee. The eRAMS service allows you to create, amend, store and print activity-based risk assessments (RAs), along with method statements (MSs) and construction phase plans (CPPs).
- Concise RA, MS and CPPs — Designed specifically for use by contractors
- Activity-based risk assessments for a wide range of contractor activities
- An “auto-text” option to help you provide essential RA information
- The ability to print RAs, MSs and CPPs or save and send them electronically
- The choice of two (numerical) risk assessment matrices
- A facility for adding company logos to printed RAs
- A facility for uploading useful pictures to your MS
- What our customers say:
“It’s good that we can keep a record of all our risk assessments and method statements in one folder online. It offers convenient flexibility – I can create new risk assessments from home in the evening if I need to or we can log on actually on-site. And they’re really easy to complete.”
CHAS members get access to discount diesel and petrol from thousands of locations throughout the UK thanks to Fuelcard People. The Fuelcard People range includes fuel cards that are valid at BP, Esso, Shell and Texaco sites as well as motorway services, supermarkets, independent retailers and specialist diesel networks.
- Fixed weekly pricing nationwide, offering a typical saving of up to 5p per litre on national average pump prices and 10p per litre on motorway refuelling
- No transaction fees
- Less paperwork and reduced administration
- A dedicated account manager
- One weekly invoice covering all refuelling for every vehicle, with up to two weeks of interest-free credit before automatic direct-debit payment
- 24/7 secure internet account access, including transactions yet to be invoiced
- Custom reports available on-demand for download directly into standard business package
CHAS has teamed up with Marsh Commercial, an award-winning insurance broker* serving over 100,000 clients across the UK, to offer you a straightforward business insurance solution that will save you both money and hassle.
CHAS-accredited members can use Marsh Commercial to get great-value insurance cover from a range of leading UK insurers.
Cover is available across a wide range of areas, including:
- Public liability
- Employers liability
- Tools cover
- Plant hire cover
- Legal expenses
All Marsh Commercial customers benefit from expert advice and assistance, free cover reviews and the ability to manage insurance quotes or take out cover online.
If you’re not sure what cover you need or if you run a large business with complex cover requirements, Marsh Commercial advisors are on hand to help and can arrange cover for you immediately over the phone.
CHAS 2013 Ltd is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Jelf Insurance Brokers Ltd (Jelf) and does not form part of the same group as Jelf. CHAS is a trading name of CHAS 2013 Ltd whose company number is 08466203 and whose registered office address is Civic Centre, London Road, Merton, SM4 5DX.
Marsh Commercial is a trading name of Jelf Insurance Brokers Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Not all products and services offered are regulated by the FCA. Registered in England and Wales number 0837227. Registered Office: 1 Tower Place West, London EC3R 5BU.
Want to Learn More about CHAS Membership Benefits?
Request a FREE Callback from Our Friendly Advisors.
Read the latest news about UK compliance, client risk mitigation and mandated health and safety accreditation for contractors on our blog.